Wednesday, June 29, 2011

BOOK REVIEW: Carrie's Story by Molly Weatherfield

It’s that time again, our friends at Eden Fantasys have furnished me with one of their erotic books to review this month, albeit one that’s been around a while so some of you might have already read it.
I must confess this book wasn’t my first choice, there was a very interesting looking book on their website which was about something close to all men’s hearts, making and keeping your cock hard. But it was out of stock, so I couldn’t have that. Maybe next time, Kayla?
So I chose this one instead…



It actually came out in 1995 (I like to ride the cutting edge!), and is apparently something of a classic, albeit one that I’ve never heard of before.
The story centres around a girl called Carrie, a young despatch rider who falls into a relationship with an older man who takes her as his slave. At first she visits him twice a week to be used and abused as he sees fit, which is quite entertaining, but as their relationship continues it becomes much more serious to the point where Carrie is prepared for sale at a slave auction.
Now, you know me, I’m a stickler for believability and I bristled at the bit where ‘a button was pressed and a chain descended from the ceiling’, so if that sort of thing is going to bother you I would steer well clear because, in the second half of the book particularly, believability goes out of the window somewhat (almost to the point of being sci-fi).
There’s three stages to the book really, the initial relationship, the training and the preparation for sale. But the book feels like it’s missing a fourth part, it ends abruptly and at 188 pages seems quite short, almost like it’s part of a longer book. I found the first two parts the most enjoyable, even though I don’t really ‘get’ the whole pony training thing. But for me the third part descends into oddness. In this part the sex becomes irrelevant and perfunctory, as does it’s description. Carrie is seemingly ‘buggered’ by everyone she meets (without so much as a hint of lube) and the story starts to focus in on her dehumanisation and detachedness.
I can see why the sex is written this way in this part of the book, as it’s making the point that she’s becoming an object to be used, but it doesn’t make for particularly ‘sexy’ reading. I can’t really imagine anyone with their hands in their pants in the last third of the book, save for those who are deeply into this sort of thing.
That aside, the writing itself is of a very high standard and I did enjoy reading this book, or at least most of it. If this has tickled your fancy you can buy this and a wide range of erotic books and sex toys at Eden Fantasys website. One thing I can say about them, their delivery is lightning fast, which is always a good thing for those impatiently waiting to get their goodies!

Kayla from Eden Fantasys has advised me that the reason the book seems to end so abruptly is that there is a sequel, which can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment